We’re looking for a youthworker … could it be you?
Do you have a passion to see young people grow in their faith ?
Are you a skilled youth worker?
Are you looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity?
We are looking for a part-time youthworker and it could be you!
You will be responsible for:
• Direct youth work with young people in the church and their friends
• Exploring opportunities for new work with young people
• Supporting volunteer youth workers
You will need to have:
• Relevant qualifications and experience
• Christian commitment (genuine occupational requirement)
• Enhanced clear Disclosure and Barring Service check
We will give you:
• Salary (£18,000 pro rata based on 37.5 hour week)
• Opportunities for professional development
• Support and encouragement
We would also consider taking on someone who wishes to train as a youthworker. In this case, we would pay your course fees and travel expenses and be your main work placement during the course. Please contact us before applying if you are considering this option.
Things you need to know
Please download & read the full job description and person specification:
This post is to start in 1 September 2015 or sooner if you are available. The initial contract is for 15 hours per week, to be worked flexibly – you may wish to work around other employment or studies and we’ll help you to do this. You’ll need to be willing to be part of our church, which usually means joining us on Sundays for our main gathering.
For an informal chat about the post, please contact Mark Campion on 01792 550235.
How to apply
Send us a letter of application explaining why you are interested in this job along with your full CV.
Please send your application to Woodlands Church, c/o 9 Tavistock Road, Sketty, Swansea, SA2 0SL. Alternatively email your application to .
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 6 July. Interviews will be held in the evening on Monday 13 July. If you cannot make this date then please contact us before you submit your application in order to check that alternative arrangements are possible.